June 13, 2012 1 Comment
Thanks to the godly person who has just who suggested I give Psalm 62 a read. I share it with you at this time:
1. In God alone there is rest for my soul, from him comes my safety;
2. he alone is my rock, my safety, my stronghold so that I stand unshaken.
3. How much longer will you set on a victim, all together, intent on murder, like a rampart already leaning over, a wall already damaged?
4. Trickery is their only plan, deception their only pleasure, with lies on their lips they pronounce a blessing, with a curse in their hearts.
5. Rest in God alone, my soul! He is the source of my hope.
6. He alone is my rock, my safety, my stronghold, so that I stand unwavering.
7. In God is my safety and my glory, the rock of my strength. In God is my refuge;
8. trust in him, you people, at all times. Pour out your hearts to him, God is a refuge for us.
9. Ordinary people are a mere puff of wind, important people a delusion; set both on the scales together, and they are lighter than a puff of wind…
11. Once God has spoken, twice have I heard this: Strength belongs to God,
12. to you, Lord, faithful love; and you repay everyone as their deeds deserve.