Today is the Feast Day of the Blessed John Henry Newman (21 February 1801 – 11 August 1890), a man who spent the first half of his life as an Anglican and the second half as a Roman Catholic. Wikipedia has more on him here.
And a quote (or two… or more…) from him may be appropriate:
- It is often said that second thoughts are best. So they are in matters of judgment but not in matters of conscience.
- Calculation never made a hero.
- Let us act on what we have, since we have not what we wish.
- If we are intended for great ends, we are called to great hazards.
- If we insist on being as sure as is conceivable… we must be content to creep along the ground, and never soar.