The bloggers are rehashing the Archbishop John Hepworth situation today:
- Fr Anthony Chadwick has seen it fit to publish a correspondence between the wife of a Fr James Shovanek and Bishop Botterill. Bishop Botterill on the TAC Tribunal.
- Mrs Deborah Gyapong who gets some mileage out of the above post with her: Insight into the charges against Archbishop Hepworth.
- And [UPDATE] Fr Ed Bakker with: The impact of Bishop Hepworth’s handy work, here.
The official TAC position (lest we forget in all the natter), a Statement from The Traditional Anglican Communion College of Bishops Re: John Hepworth, is here.
The Traditional Anglican Communion
The Tribunal of the Traditional Anglican Communion comprising Archbishop Samuel Prakash (India), Bishop Craig Botterill (Canada) and Bishop Brian Marsh (USA) on 6 October 2012 examined the charges brought by eight (8) Bishops against Archbishop John Anthony Hepworth under Section 10 of the Concordat of the Traditional Anglican Communion, and delivered the verdict that Archbishop John Anthony Hepworth was guilty as charged.
The following sanction was imposed:
1. THAT JOHN ANTHONY HEPWORTH, ARCHBISHOP, be, with immediate effect, permanently expelled from the COLLEGE OF BISHOPS OF THE TRADITIONAL ANGLICAN COMMUNION.
2. THAT all licences for any EPISCOPAL or PRIESTLY function within any affiliated church of the TRADITIONAL ANGLICAN COMMUNION, be with immediate effect withdrawn.
Charges under Section 6 of the Concordat are now being considered by the College of Bishops against Archbishop John Anthony Hepworth.
17th October 2012
Bishop Michael Gill
Secretary to the College of Bishops
Traditional Anglican Communion
That is where we stand at present. There is nothing new to report as yet.