- RT @_ArriveAlive: Try to be the light for someone who needs a bit of support... http://t.co/BdKBkW4gFJ 2 weeks ago
- Blogging Lite wp.me/p1eHr7-9X0 3 weeks ago
- Baisc Geography For Russians wp.me/p1eHr7-9WU 3 weeks ago
- If Everything Requires a Cause, What Caused God? wp.me/p1eHr7-9WR 3 weeks ago
- Middle East Patriarchs Meet Diplomats : Call for Wiping Out Terrorists wp.me/p1eHr7-9WP 3 weeks ago
- Vladimir Putin: Don’t Mess With Nuclear-Armed Russia wp.me/p1eHr7-9WL 3 weeks ago
- IDF on High Alert in Golan Heights wp.me/p1eHr7-9WJ 3 weeks ago
- Boko Haram Says Part of Nigeria an Islamic State wp.me/p1eHr7-9WH 3 weeks ago
- US strikes Isil in Syria: 'The city was asleep then there were balls of fire'
- David Cameron: Isis 'wants to kill us'
- US 'shoulder to shoulder' with Arab allies in Syria strikes
- Young man killed by white tiger may have 'jumped into enclosure'
- Cameron calls for 'ambitious deal' to tackle climate change
- Obama to walk in the footsteps of George W Bush at UN
- US strikes aim to neutralise 'imminent' terror threat from al-Qaeda offshoot
- Somali pirates release US-German hostage after 977-day kidnap ordeal
- Are the US-led air strikes in Syria legal - and what does it mean if they are not?
Tag Archives: Antiquities
Discovery.com: The elusive Biblical blue, a sacred color whose exact shade has puzzled scholars for centuries, has been revealed in a nearly 2,000-year-old patch of dyed fabric. The piece of cloth was found in Israeli caves just south of Qumran, … Continue reading
Dr Christopher Rollston writes: Archaeological sites in the Middle East have been ransacked, pillaged, and plundered for many decades. The motivations of the actual pillaging are normally economic: the pursuit of marketable artifacts. That is, the pillagers wish to find objects … Continue reading
The Huffington Post reports: The Vatican has allegedly issued an official request to examine a 1,500-year-old Bible that has been held in Turkey for the past 12 years, the Hurriyet Daily News reports. The Bible reportedly contains early teachings of Jesus … Continue reading
CNN reports on an American tour guide who has been arrested in Israel on suspicion of selling ancient artifacts to American tourists: Israeli authorities arrested a retired American university lecturer this week on suspicion of selling ancient artifacts illegally to U.S. … Continue reading
Concerned archaeologists called today on Egypt’s Prime Minister Essam Sharaf to return police to archaeological sites. The move is required to put an end to illegal excavations and wild looting of storehouses and tombs. “The desecration of archaeological sites and … Continue reading
CNN is reporting: Egypt’s antiquities minister, Zahi Hawass, said Friday he plans to step down to protest police inaction as the country’s ancient treasures are being looted and vandalized. “The police cannot do enough, or anything to protect Egypt’s antiquities and treasures, … Continue reading