- Israel Opens Airport in Negev as Alternative to Ben-Gurion wp.me/p1eHr7-9Rm 1 day ago
- RT @WesternCapeGov: Five golden rules of home safety ow.ly/zu0g1 1 day ago
- Games of Thrones: USA offers university course fw.to/IMUFYtY. A course for @RyanOConnorSA 1 day ago
- Atheism Gets Its Own TV Channel in the USA wp.me/p1eHr7-9Rj 1 day ago
- Reformation Heritage KJV Study Bible wp.me/p1eHr7-9Rd 1 day ago
- Ten Tips for a Better Confession wp.me/p1eHr7-9R7 1 day ago
- Pope Francis Prays for Success of Initiative to Convert Anglicans wp.me/p1eHr7-9R4 1 day ago
- Why Must Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Fathers? wp.me/p1eHr7-9QY 2 days ago
- Air Algerie plane 'crashes' with 116 on board after going missing over Mali: live
- Unless Israel lifts its blockade of Gaza, no ceasefire can work
- China to extend railways to borders with India and Nepal
- Seven-year-old girl found hanged after suspected rape triggers revenge attacks
- MH17 plane crash: latest news
- MH17: Harrowing account from mother of victim says son had 'crash premonition'
- MH17: 'Maria Putina is welcome in Holland. But not her father'
- Surf photographer Clark Little's pictures of the insides of waves as they break
- Missing plane flying from Burkina Faso to Algeria 'has crashed'
Tag Archives: Bishop Justin Welby
On the official website: A medieval ceremony has begun the process of the Rt Revd Justin Welby becoming the Archbishop of Canterbury. The College of Canons of Canterbury Cathedral has unanimously elected Bishop Justin Welby as the 105th Archbishop of … Continue reading
In the Telegraph: The Rt Rev Justin Welby said “the best parties” celebrate “something solid” rather than simply providing a way of escaping reality. As well as being a time of celebration Christmas should be an opportunity help people in … Continue reading
The JC.Com: The Council of Christian and Jews has welcomed the new Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, who will succeed Rowan Williams next year, as a “good friend”. The Rt Rev Welby, Bishop of Durham and a former dean of … Continue reading
The pope has reaffirmed his desire for stronger ties between the Anglican and Roman Catholic churches in his first message to the next Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby. The Telegraph reports: In a message through Cardinal Kurt Koch, the Vatican’s ecumenical … Continue reading
In the Catholic Herald: Fraser Nelson’ article about the new Archbishop of Canterbury, the Rt. Rev Justin Welby, in the Telegraph last Friday, noted two aspects of our country that still remain in my mind. Referring to Bishop Welby’s predecessor, … Continue reading
Justin Welby was once rejected for ordination. Now, as the next Archbishop of Canterbury, all hopes are pinned on him to unite the divided Anglican community. Read the whole report in The Telegraph here.
Could it have to do with the colour of his skin? When I tweeted this morning a certain un-awed wonder at news reports that a middle-aged white dude, Durham bishop Justin Welby, has apparently been tapped as the next Archbishop of … Continue reading
Members of Africa’s largely conservative Anglican communion say Welby understands the challenges that the church faces on the continent and can stave off a schism The Christian Monitor has the rest. In South Africa, Archbishop Thabo Makgoba of Cape Town says … Continue reading
Let’s be quiet for a moment and then pray. Come Holy Spirit to the hearts of your people and kindle in them the fire of your love. To be nominated to this post is both astonishing and exciting. It is … Continue reading
Number 10 Downing Street: The Queen has nominated the Right Reverend Justin Welby, MA, Hon FCT, the Lord Bishop of Durham, for election by the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury in the place of the Most Reverend and Right Honourable … Continue reading