- Ten Tips for a Better Confession wp.me/p1eHr7-9R7 57 minutes ago
- Pope Francis Prays for Success of Initiative to Convert Anglicans wp.me/p1eHr7-9R4 1 hour ago
- Why Must Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Fathers? wp.me/p1eHr7-9QY 5 hours ago
- The Didache Bible wp.me/p1eHr7-9QS 6 hours ago
- Saint Mary Magdalen wp.me/p1eHr7-9QO 7 hours ago
- The Smiling Face of a Martyr wp.me/p1eHr7-9QL 1 day ago
- Imam Goes Off Script at Vatican wp.me/p1eHr7-9QI 1 day ago
- Patriarch Kirill: Russia Poses No Military Threat wp.me/p1eHr7-9QF 1 day ago
- British airlines advised to avoid Tel Aviv over Gaza rocket attacks
- Widow of Alexander Litvinenko: I do this for justice
- George Harrison memorial tree in California eaten by beetles
- MH17: victims' bodies to spend what families hope will be last night in Ukraine
- Mystery as white flags appear on New York's iconic Brooklyn Bridge
- MH17 black box to be sent to Farnborough
- Queen Letizia gets fashion accolades as she meets François Hollande
- Germany allows seriously ill patients to grow their own cannabis
- Uber user in Texas takes 'world's shortest taxi ride' during bar crawl
Tag Archives: Middle East
It is one of those beautiful Sunday mornings England seems to do so well: sunlight streams across wet grass and the air is filled with the busy chatter of sparrows and the sweet, milky smell of the calves across the … Continue reading
Before 2003, there were over one million Christians in Iraq. Today, there are as few as 200,000. A shocking and unacceptable systematic purging of Christians! The Telegraph has the whole article.
There have been Christians in the Middle East since the time of, well, Christ. Now that two millennium-long history could be in danger… CNN has the rest here.
For 15 years Canon Andrew White has led Iraq’s only Anglican church, in an increasingly menacing period for Christians across the Middle East. Read on here.
On the Russian Orthodox Church website: His Beatitude Patriarch John X of Great Antioch and All the East sent a message to His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, in which he expressed his gratitude for the efforts … Continue reading
Damascus: What’s Left. Another heart-breaking look at the war in Syria.
Col Ralph Peters writes that the entire Arab world is in the process of reordering itself.
The transformative political events in the Middle East over the past two years have had, among many other unexpected outcomes, profound effects on the direction of research in Near Eastern archaeology. War and civil unrest act as both a carrot … Continue reading
A British think tank has released a lengthy report claiming that militant Islam is the greatest existential threat to Middle Eastern Christianity, bringing Christian communities in the region “close to extinction.” The London-based Civitas, also known as the Institute for … Continue reading
Virtue Online: Last night I was watching CNN and Jenny (5) said, “What are those? Rockets?” It was footage of the fighting between Hamas and the IDF. I answered (without thinking about it), “Yeah, they’re firing rockets at Israel,” and … Continue reading