- Holy Land Deserted by Tourists as Fighting Empties Hotels wp.me/p1eHr7-9Rq 13 hours ago
- 400-Year-Old Crucifix Found wp.me/p1eHr7-9Ro 13 hours ago
- Israel Opens Airport in Negev as Alternative to Ben-Gurion wp.me/p1eHr7-9Rm 1 day ago
- RT @WesternCapeGov: Five golden rules of home safety ow.ly/zu0g1 1 day ago
- Games of Thrones: USA offers university course fw.to/IMUFYtY. A course for @RyanOConnorSA 1 day ago
- Atheism Gets Its Own TV Channel in the USA wp.me/p1eHr7-9Rj 1 day ago
- Reformation Heritage KJV Study Bible wp.me/p1eHr7-9Rd 1 day ago
- Ten Tips for a Better Confession wp.me/p1eHr7-9R7 2 days ago
- Air Algerie plane 'crashes' with 116 on board after going missing over Mali: live
- MH17 plane crash: latest news
- Underwear bomber 'wore same pants for two weeks'
- Israel and Hamas are on the road to nowhere in Gaza
- Why Britain should follow the yellow brick road to Kansas and cut taxes
- Europe should punish Vladimir Putin, not the City of London
- Central American leaders to meet with Barack Obama over immigration crisis
- Australian journalist jailed in Egypt to appeal sentence
- McDonald's takes chicken off the menu in Hong Kong after food scandal
Tag Archives: Religion
For the godless.
Sudan has prohibited the construction of any new church in the country which has been under an Islamic regime since 1989. The Sudanese Minister of Guidance and Religious Endowments Shalil Abdullah announced that the government will henceforth not issue permits … Continue reading
Take a look at the data: Atheists and secular humanists consistently make the claim that religion is the #1 cause of violence and war throughout the history of mankind. One of hatetheism’s key cheerleaders, Sam Harris, says in his book … Continue reading
Islamic prayers are to be held at the Vatican this Sunday. Pentecost Sunday. For the first time in history, Islamic prayers and readings from the Quran will be heard at the Vatican on Sunday, in a move by Pope Francis to usher … Continue reading
No, he was not! Over on Melanie’s Blog: Manger Square was bedecked with huge photomontages of classic artworks featuring Christian imagery superimposed with images from the Palestinians’ modern reality. Caravaggio’s “Ecce Homo” merged with a photograph of Palestinians crossing an … Continue reading
Celebrating the giving of Torah: History Shavuot is a Jewish holiday which celebrates God’s giving of the Torah to the Jewish people at Mount Sinai. It is also known as the “Feast of Weeks.” It has connections to an ancient … Continue reading
They are not all Christian monasteries, but worth a look. More spectacular photos here.
On Fr Peter Preble’s blog, yesterday: On this day, February 7, 1776, General George Washington notifies his troops of a new policy regarding chaplains’ pay. He’d advocated for better treatment of his chaplains, and he’d succeeded!Shortly after Washington assumed command … Continue reading
The BBC: A new series of Beyond Belief begins with a discussion on the impact of archaeological discoveries on religious belief. Listen here (right click & “save target as / link as”). Duration: 28 mins. Features renowned Bible scholar Francesca Stravrakopoulou.