October 2014 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- RT @_ArriveAlive: Reminder: This year the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims falls on 16 November. fb.me/6Jomff9vW 6 days ago
- RT @_ArriveAlive: Try to be the light for someone who needs a bit of support... http://t.co/BdKBkW4gFJ 3 weeks ago
- Blogging Lite wp.me/p1eHr7-9X0 4 weeks ago
- Baisc Geography For Russians wp.me/p1eHr7-9WU 1 month ago
- If Everything Requires a Cause, What Caused God? wp.me/p1eHr7-9WR 1 month ago
- Middle East Patriarchs Meet Diplomats : Call for Wiping Out Terrorists wp.me/p1eHr7-9WP 1 month ago
- Vladimir Putin: Don’t Mess With Nuclear-Armed Russia wp.me/p1eHr7-9WL 1 month ago
- IDF on High Alert in Golan Heights wp.me/p1eHr7-9WJ 1 month ago
- Pressure on Secret Service chief to resign after convict with gun is allowed into lift with Barack Obama
- Hong Kong protesters vow to occupy government buildings
- RAF: UK stepping up air strikes against Islamic State
- Netanyahu warns Obama: Iran must never be a 'threshold nuclear power'
- Karadzic dismisses war crimes evidence as 'lies'
- Jimmy Carter: I could have beaten Reagan if I was more 'manly'
- Carnival Ecstasy passenger dies after falling from ship's mast
- China soft power set back as US universities shut second Confucius Institute in a week
- US had plans to bomb Cuba in 1976, according to government papers
Tag Archives: Theology
Well worth a read. Very philosophical for a Saturday afternoon.
From the Catechism of the Catholic Church: 2282 – “…Grave psychological disturbances, anguish, or grave fear of hardship, suffering, or torture can diminish the responsibility of the one committing suicide.” 2283- “We should not despair of the eternal salvation of … Continue reading
10. No snake handling. 9. You can believe in dinosaurs. 8. Male and female God created them; male and female we ordain them. 7. You don’t have to check your brains at the door. 6. Pew aerobics. 5. Church … Continue reading
Like most people, I don’t particularly relish encounters with death. But, welcome or not, I’ve had my fair share. I’ve clasped a woman’s hand as her breathing slowed, became sporadic, and finally ceased. Through the cramped hallways of an ancient … Continue reading
Told you so. The General Synod of the Church of England voted today that women can be consecrated as bishops, 18 months years after a similar measure was controversially voted down. The vote required passage by a two-thirds majority … Continue reading
It’s a foregone conclusion. Members of the Synod are expected to authorise the admission of women to the episcopate in what is being billed as a historic vote in York on Monday . The Telegraph: The ordination of women bishops could … Continue reading
If the Episcopal Church is the American Component of the Anglican Church, Why Are There Anglican Churches in the US?
It’s a new question being asked at Yahoo (NZ) answers, with some of the strangest of responses… The Episcopal Church is generally pro-gay. Many don’t like that, so they left to become Anglican. Some are recognized by other Anglicans, but some … Continue reading
… and why he won’t call himself an inerrantist. TIME Magazine called him “one of the most formidable figures in the world of Christian thought.” Newsweek once labeled him “the world’s leading New Testament scholar.” His name is N.T. Wright, and he has just … Continue reading
Via the folk at Bibledex.