An official government organization, the Jerusalem Development Authority, sent out their “Monthly Jerusalem Newsletter” today with these “Facts about Jerusalem.”
- King David made Jerusalem the capital of Israel 3,000 years ago.
- The Western Wall in the Old City is the last remaining wall of the ancient Second Jewish Temple which was destroyed by the Romans in 70CE.
- For Christians, Jerusalem is the place where Jesus lived, preached, died, and was resurrected.
- According to Islam, the prophet Muhammad was miraculously transported from Mecca to Jerusalem, and then ascended to Heaven.
- Mishkenot Sha’ananim is the first area of habitation in Jerusalem outside the Old City walls. It’s building began in 1860.
- Jerusalem today has over 10,000 hotel rooms with another 10,000 planned in the coming years.
- The most visited site in Israel is in Jerusalem. It is the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the traditional site of Jesus’ crucifixion.
See any problems?