Via Stand Firm:
15: There is absolute truth about God that is knowable and, in fact, known to all. Certainty about who he is and what is owed to him is not only possible, we have no excuse for the lack of it (Rom 1:18-33)
14: Morality is not relative to ethnic/religious/geographical context: That there is an absolute measure of virtue inscribed by God into every human heart to which all human beings regardless of geographical location or religious education will be held (Rom 2)
13: Human beings are not good (Mark 10:18, Rom 3:10-20, Eph 2:1-4) So bad things Never happen to good people.
12: God knows all things and sees all things and is not surprised by the future (job 37:16, Psalm 139)
11: God is sovereign over human decision and human history and nothing takes place apart from his will (Matt 10:29-30)
10: Natural disaster, illness, death, disease, famine, cruelty…testify not to God’s limited power or his lack of goodness, but to human sin. (Luke 13:1-5)
9: Human beings cannot earn a place in God’s kingdom. (Gal 3:10-14)
8: Salvation involves being rescued by God from the wrath of God (John 3:36).
7. Jesus Christ is the way and the truth and the life and there is no other way to the Father but through faith in him (John 14:6)
6. There is no salvation in any other religion, spirituality, morality, philosophy (Acts 4:12, Matthew 28:18-22, Rom 10:13-17)
5. Hell exists and all who do not repent turn to Christ will be there forever (Luke 16:19-31; Revelation 20)
4. Justification necessarily involves the imputation of Christ’s righteousness (Phil 3; 2 Cor 5:21)
3. Justifying faith is a gift from God that he is not obligated to give and does not give to all (Eph 1:3-14, Eph 4:1-8, Romans 9)
2. God has established all earthly authorities that exist (Rom 13) including church (Eph 4:9-14) and household authorities (Eph 5:22-33), pastors leading churches, husbands leading families.
1. Christians are called to suffer and take up the cross, not to prosperity, health and wealth. (1 Peter 4:12, Mark 4:34-38)