As any one who knows me will attest, I love Bibles (esp. Study Bibles) and have kind of got into collecting holy writ, be it Catholic, Protestant or Orthodox (btw. Protestants by far have produced the most Bible versions, however Catholics are slowly catching up). These are just two pics I quickly took to prove the point:
So this in via one of my favourite blogs, Timothy’s Catholic Bible’s Blog (where you can get all the latest updates and reviews on Bibles).
Available October 2014.
The Didache Bible presents extensive commentaries on all books of the Holy Bible based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It includes the complete text of Sacred Scriptures, Old and New Testaments, using the Revised Standard Version, Second Catholic Edition. This Bible version is considered by many Catholic leaders and authors, including Peter Kreeft and Scott Hahn, as the most beautiful English translation of the Bible today.
- Twenty-seven full-color biblical maps, including the journeys of Jesus Christ.
- Common questions about the Faith answered in 106 apologetical explanations
- Comprehensive, forty-four-page glossary and a topical index
- Available in leather or hardcover
- Useful for students and adults studying Scripture
- Ideal for anyone seeking a deeper understanding of the Catholic Faith
- Accessible by all people in its level of scriptural scholarship
- Large 6″ x 9″ siz
- Gilded edges and a placeholder ribbon on the leather edition
- Both editions are sewn
The Revised Standard Version – Catholic Edition is a textually accurate translation and is highly recommended.