July 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- RT @ArmorOGod: Like a flood His mercy rains. 23 hours ago
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Thank you Lord for unanswered prayers. http://t.co/3nrMCSpdoz 1 day ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: Thank you Lord for your peace. http://t.co/y7wMUgvmlj 2 days ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: When doubts start to creep in, take a moment to pray. 3 days ago
- RT @Inspire_Us: Some days you just have to create your own sunshine. 3 days ago
- RT @Epic_Women: Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday. 3 days ago
- RT @DavidRoads: SMALL changes can make a BIG difference. 3 days ago
- RT @Digitalnun: Crumbs is all I can say to this. twitter.com/Klangable/stat… 4 days ago
- German fireighter started 31 blazes 'so he could look like a saviour'
- Air passenger suing for a back injury 'caused by sitting next to obese man'
- David Cameron challenges Malaysian PM Najib Razak on corruption
- Ukrainian pilot and politician Nadia Savchenko goes on trial in Russia
- MH370 search: Malaysian experts arrive to study island plane debris - live
- Who is 'new Taliban leader' Mullah Akhtar Mansoor?
- Taliban confirms death of Mullah Omar as it pulls out of peace talks
- Fat should be classified as 'sixth taste' alongside the five others, say US scientists
- £500,000 project to save 1,200-year-old mosque threatened by Islamic State
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Artefacts
Newser: Parts of the Dead Sea Scrolls are up for sale—in tiny pieces. Nearly 70 years after the discovery of the world’s oldest biblical manuscripts, the Palestinian family who originally sold them to scholars and institutions is now quietly marketing … Continue reading
Also called Gabriel’s Revelation. The Huffington Post reports in typical sensational fashion: An ancient stone with mysterious Hebrew writing and featuring the archangel Gabriel is going on display in Jerusalem as scholars debate the inscription’s meaning. The so-called Gabriel Stone, said to have … Continue reading
The Huffington Post reports: The Harvard Theological Review is postponing publication of a major article on the papyrus fragment in which Jesus seems to refer to his wife, raising further doubts about a discovery that was set to turn Christian history … Continue reading
A small stone seal found during the recent excavations at Tel Beit Shemesh could (!) be the first archaeological evidence of the story of the Biblical Samson. Bible Places: Some scholars are suggesting that the depiction on a seal found in … Continue reading
From the Israel Antiquities Authority: A spectacular 2,000 Year Old Gold and Silver Hoard was Uncovered in an Archaeological Excavation the Israel Antiquities Authority Conducted in the Qiryat Gat Region The treasure trove comprising c. 140 gold and silver coins … Continue reading
This is breaking news after a much-anticipated press release earlier today by Prof Yosef Garfinkel of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Groundbreaking archaeological discovery at Khirbet Qeiyafa in the Valley of Elah shows various cultic artifacts from King David era that serve … Continue reading
See here for an article on the Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs website about some of the most important archaeological finds in recent years in Israel… Via Dr Aren Maeir.
HT: ASOR Blog