August 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- RT @FearAverage: There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs. 1 hour ago
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Little trials without God will break you. Big trials with God will make you. May you always find strength in God's lov… 1 hour ago
- RT @DavidRoads: Pray, forgive yourself, appreciate others, listen to your gut, do things you enjoy, & remind yourself that we are all loved… 1 hour ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: Prayer is the most important conversation of the day. 1 hour ago
- RT @RorateCaeli: "There's No Such Thing as Moderate Islam": An Iraqi Priest Describes the Christian Genocide bit.ly/1VdZZEl 7 hours ago
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Those who know your name trust you because you, Lord, don't abandon those who see you - Psalm 9:10 7 hours ago
- RT @DavidRoads: Live simply. Love generously. Speak truthfully. Pray daily. Leave everything else to God. 7 hours ago
- RT @DavidRoads: Happiness doesn't result from what we get, but from what we give. 2 days ago
- Russia 'would boost military presence' in response to Georgia Nato membership
- Sheena Bora murder: Victim's mother named as prime suspect in 'honour killing'
- George W Bush tells New Orleans children: 'being president is not a hard job'
- Syrian refugee receives £40,000 in donations in 24 hours after viral photo selling pens
- Joy as Sierra Leone's first Ebola survivor gives birth to baby boy named Barnabas
- Australian random visa crackdown compared to East Germany's secret police
- Could the distressing pictures of Alison Parker help stop the slaughter of Americans with guns?
- Killing Cecil the lion was no big deal, says Grace Mugabe
- French minister sparks fury with attack on 'false idea' of 35-hour week
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Artefacts
Newser: Parts of the Dead Sea Scrolls are up for sale—in tiny pieces. Nearly 70 years after the discovery of the world’s oldest biblical manuscripts, the Palestinian family who originally sold them to scholars and institutions is now quietly marketing … Continue reading
Also called Gabriel’s Revelation. The Huffington Post reports in typical sensational fashion: An ancient stone with mysterious Hebrew writing and featuring the archangel Gabriel is going on display in Jerusalem as scholars debate the inscription’s meaning. The so-called Gabriel Stone, said to have … Continue reading
The Huffington Post reports: The Harvard Theological Review is postponing publication of a major article on the papyrus fragment in which Jesus seems to refer to his wife, raising further doubts about a discovery that was set to turn Christian history … Continue reading
A small stone seal found during the recent excavations at Tel Beit Shemesh could (!) be the first archaeological evidence of the story of the Biblical Samson. Bible Places: Some scholars are suggesting that the depiction on a seal found in … Continue reading
From the Israel Antiquities Authority: A spectacular 2,000 Year Old Gold and Silver Hoard was Uncovered in an Archaeological Excavation the Israel Antiquities Authority Conducted in the Qiryat Gat Region The treasure trove comprising c. 140 gold and silver coins … Continue reading
This is breaking news after a much-anticipated press release earlier today by Prof Yosef Garfinkel of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Groundbreaking archaeological discovery at Khirbet Qeiyafa in the Valley of Elah shows various cultic artifacts from King David era that serve … Continue reading
See here for an article on the Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs website about some of the most important archaeological finds in recent years in Israel… Via Dr Aren Maeir.
HT: ASOR Blog