August 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Every setback is a setup for a comeback. God wants to bring you out better than you were before. 10 hours ago
- RT @GetIifting: Turn intentions into actions. 11 hours ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: Your actions speak so loud I can't hear your words! 11 hours ago
- RT @DavidRoads: You can't make footprints on the sands of time by sitting on your butt... and who wants to make buttprints? 22 hours ago
- RT @MuscIeFitness: Only those who risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S. Eliot 1 day ago
- RT @DavidRoads: If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it. - Jonathan Winters 1 day ago
- RT @FearAverage: There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs. 2 days ago
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Little trials without God will break you. Big trials with God will make you. May you always find strength in God's lov… 2 days ago
- Wes Craven dies at age of 76
- EU calls emergency immigration summit
- Egypt censures British ambassador for criticising Al Jazeera sentences
- Sheriff blames 'anti-police rhetoric' for killing of white police officer
- Buried Atari video games sell for $100,000
- Migrant children 'vanish' from Austrian hospital
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, first black Broadway actor to play Valjean, dies at 21
- Busboy describes Bobby Kennedy's final moments
- Virginia shooting: mourners remember murdered journalists
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Bible Archaeology
See here for an article on the Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs website about some of the most important archaeological finds in recent years in Israel… Via Dr Aren Maeir.
Dr Christopher Rollston: BELIEF IN THE RESURRECTION IN ANCIENT CONTEXT: LATE SECOND TEMPLE JUDAISM, EARLY POST-BIBLICAL JUDAISM, AND EARLY CHRISTIANITY There is often a great deal of misunderstanding about this subject generally. That is, people who do not work in … Continue reading
Anglo Saxon grave reveals 16-year-old girl laid to rest with a gold cross The Daily Mail reports: Laid to rest in her best clothes and lying on an ornamental bed, she was probably of noble blood. Quite how the 16-year-old Anglo … Continue reading
Breaking News: Golan and Deutsch Acquitted of All Forgery Charges. Forgery Allegations Dismissed by James Ossuary Trial Verdict. Biblical Archaeology Society: The Biblical Archaeology Society has just learned that the District Court in Jerusalem exonerated Oded Golan and Robert Deutsch … Continue reading
AFP: CAIRO — Ten people were killed when the soil caved in on them as they were illegally digging for ancient treasures under a house in a central Egyptian village, police officials told AFP on Monday. The 10, including four … Continue reading
By the Custody of the Holy Land: The site, with enhanced graphics, offers numerous updated materials in four languages ― Italian, English, Spanish, French ― along with a rich selection of images and downloadable photos of the Church of the … Continue reading
Associates for Biblical Research Director of Development Henry Smith: Subjects of this interview include: Egyptian Inscription mentioning Israel, the ABR Dig at Khirbet el-Maqatir, Child Sacrifice and Abortion, and the influence of worldview on interpreting evidence.
How to repair a Byzantine Manuscript: HT: Byzantine News
HT: ASOR Blog
Dominus flevit. In the middle of the Mount of Olives lies the Franciscan sanctuary that preserves the memory of the place where Jesus wept over Jerusalem. It’s also an important place for valuable archaeological evidence about early Christianity.