August 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- RT @Inspire_Us: Don't cheat the world of your contribution. Give it what you've got. -Steven Pressfield 1 day ago
- RT @Fit_Motivator: Great effort springs naturally from a great attitude. 1 day ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: Like a flood His mercy rains. 3 days ago
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Thank you Lord for unanswered prayers. http://t.co/3nrMCSpdoz 4 days ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: Thank you Lord for your peace. http://t.co/y7wMUgvmlj 4 days ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: When doubts start to creep in, take a moment to pray. 5 days ago
- RT @Inspire_Us: Some days you just have to create your own sunshine. 6 days ago
- RT @Epic_Women: Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday. 6 days ago
- Cecil the Lion's brother Jericho killed by poachers
- Zimbabwe suspends hunting in area where Cecil the lion was killed
- Conservationists investigate death of another lion in Zimbabwe
- Police and fences hold them back, but Calais' migrants are determined to reach their British paradise
- Bobbi Kristina Brown funeral: family squabble spills into public
- Donald Trump takes centre stage at first Republican debate
- 'Cecil the lion will be a standard bearer for our cause'
- Kurdish fighters flush Isil from key town in Syria
- MH370: ''Plane seat'' found washed up on Reunion Island three months ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Codice
Here is a great video that aims to explain why it is that the Jordan Lead Codices are to be considered fake: For a background to these Codices, which came to light this year, click here, here, or here.
Bible Places.com via the ever vigilant Joseph Lauer: This article in the Jordan Times has some new information about the metal codices, particularly with regard to the seven books recently recovered by Jordanian police. Authorities are set to send the recently … Continue reading
Although the post is written from a LDS (Mormon) perspective, it is interesting nonetheless (and might well cheer up those severely disillusioned by the recent ‘fake’ Jordanian lead codices): Since the recent events surrounding the seeming forgery of the Jordan Lead Codices, I … Continue reading
Far from being a favourite scholar of mine, I have to say I’m rather pleasantly surprised by Prof Philip Davies’ observations: The following is a general introductory summary by Sheffield Prof. Emeritus Philip Davies on the now famous lead codices (some images … Continue reading
And still more mass reporting on the codice find:
The image is eerily familiar: a bearded young man with flowing curly hair. After lying for nearly 2,000 years hidden in a cave in the Holy Land, the fine detail is difficult to determine. But in a certain light it … Continue reading
Wikipedia already has a Jordan Lead Codices page: That’s quick!
Via Bibleplaces.com: My attempts to avoid this grand discovery have not gone well, to judge from the number of emails I have received suggesting that I must not have seen this story. It’s foolish to think that I can somehow … Continue reading
There are some more great photos of the ancient books coming from Jordan here as well as this short video: BACKGROUND: For more on the discovery (on this blog), go here, here and here.
I see that the BBC has today caught up with the story of the secret hoard of ancient sealed books that were found in Jordan. BACKGROUND: We covered the story here with a full press release here. Almost predictably, they’ve put a political … Continue reading