September 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- RT @MMotivate_: Happiness comes when we stop complaining about the troubles we have and offer thanks for all the troubles we don’t have. 2 hours ago
- RT @JamesMartinSJ: This photo must be seen. We cannot turn away from these grievous affronts to human dignity. americamagazine.org/content/dispat… http… 22 hours ago
- RT @News24: Shocking photo of drowned refugee boy: 4 held n24.cm/1PNwlC6 22 hours ago
- RT @UNICEF: We’re devastated by tragic image of drowned Syrian boy. Refugee & migrant children need urgent protection. #refugeecrisis #chil… 22 hours ago
- RT @DavidRoads: If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. -Dr. Maya Angelou 1 day ago
- RT @FamousWomen: Don't let a hard lesson harden your heart. 1 day ago
- RT @LifeLimits: Speak up, don't hide your thoughts and feelings, especially when you can make a difference. 2 days ago
- RT @DavidRoads: What we see depends mainly on what we look for. #perspective 2 days ago
- Migrants and refugees risk their lives to reach Europe, in pictures
- The power of photography: Images that changed world opinions
- North Korean all-girl band 'created by Kim Jong-un'
- Aylan Kurdi buried alongside brother and mother in Syria
- Refugee crisis: 'We have no food, no water. We are going to die,' say those on Hungary train for 24 hours - live
- Egyptian billionaire offers to buy an island off Italy or Greece to rehouse refugees
- Sinkholes, craters and collapsed roads around the world, in pictures
- Celebrity Sightings: Karlie Kloss, Tom Hardy and Sarah Harding
- Polish soldiers seal off 'Nazi gold train' location as finders reveal their 'clear evidence'
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Codice
Here is a great video that aims to explain why it is that the Jordan Lead Codices are to be considered fake: For a background to these Codices, which came to light this year, click here, here, or here.
Bible Places.com via the ever vigilant Joseph Lauer: This article in the Jordan Times has some new information about the metal codices, particularly with regard to the seven books recently recovered by Jordanian police. Authorities are set to send the recently … Continue reading
Although the post is written from a LDS (Mormon) perspective, it is interesting nonetheless (and might well cheer up those severely disillusioned by the recent ‘fake’ Jordanian lead codices): Since the recent events surrounding the seeming forgery of the Jordan Lead Codices, I … Continue reading
Far from being a favourite scholar of mine, I have to say I’m rather pleasantly surprised by Prof Philip Davies’ observations: The following is a general introductory summary by Sheffield Prof. Emeritus Philip Davies on the now famous lead codices (some images … Continue reading
And still more mass reporting on the codice find:
The image is eerily familiar: a bearded young man with flowing curly hair. After lying for nearly 2,000 years hidden in a cave in the Holy Land, the fine detail is difficult to determine. But in a certain light it … Continue reading
Wikipedia already has a Jordan Lead Codices page: That’s quick!
Via Bibleplaces.com: My attempts to avoid this grand discovery have not gone well, to judge from the number of emails I have received suggesting that I must not have seen this story. It’s foolish to think that I can somehow … Continue reading
There are some more great photos of the ancient books coming from Jordan here as well as this short video: BACKGROUND: For more on the discovery (on this blog), go here, here and here.
I see that the BBC has today caught up with the story of the secret hoard of ancient sealed books that were found in Jordan. BACKGROUND: We covered the story here with a full press release here. Almost predictably, they’ve put a political … Continue reading