Margaret on Let’s Not Move to Mars Michael Rossouw on Crematorium Cross Removed to A… Michael Rossouw on Will Russia’s ‘holy war’ save… Margaret on Crematorium Cross Removed to A… Margaret on New York Post Changes Its Name… godfrey1099 on Why The Anglican Communion Is… Fr Stephen Smuts on It’s Been a While… deaconchrisf on It’s Been a While… Margaret on A New Creed for the Modern… Fr Stephen Smuts on It’s Been a While… Fr Stephen Smuts on It’s Been a While… Paul on It’s Been a While… Margaret on It’s Been a While… TrainBaldy on A Day in the Life of a Railway… Albert Nygren on Catholic School Cancels a Rama…
- Where Did Jesus Turn Water into Wine? frstephensmuts.wordpress.com/2015/10/05/whe… 8 hours ago
- Bishop(ess) Proposes Church Remove all Christian Symbols… to Create Space for Muslims frstephensmuts.wordpress.com/2015/10/05/bis… 8 hours ago
- ISIS Blows Up Arch of Triumph in Syria’s Palmyra frstephensmuts.wordpress.com/2015/10/05/isi… http://t.co/u0SHEj0wF5 9 hours ago
- RT @FwJesus: Love your neighbor as yourself. -Mat 22:37 1 day ago
- RT @SABreakingNews: SAPS needs your dog! ow.ly/SWfCD 3 days ago
- RT @Inspire_Us: Don't let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life. 3 days ago
- RT @MCITLFrAphorism: Oregon gunman singled out Christians during rampage nyp.st/1KQ59lg via @nypost 3 days ago
- Let’s Not Move to Mars frstephensmuts.wordpress.com/2015/10/01/let… https://t.co/W4vfkQSFpr 4 days ago
- Japan's PM accused of echoing wartime propaganda with new slogan
- Muslim groups sue Burmese president, alleging Rohingya 'genocide'
- Oregon shooter's manifesto reveals anger at not having a girlfriend
- Drone footage captures beautiful moment whales approach paddleboarder
- Hunter survives bear attack by shoving arm down its throat
- Boy shot girl dead 'after argument over puppies'
- Dramatic pictures of flood rescue in South Carolina
- Cuban artist jailed without trial for painting pigs 'Raul' and 'Fidel' awaits release
- California governor signs bill legalising physician-assisted suicide
Tag Archives: Codice
Here is a great video that aims to explain why it is that the Jordan Lead Codices are to be considered fake: For a background to these Codices, which came to light this year, click here, here, or here.
Bible Places.com via the ever vigilant Joseph Lauer: This article in the Jordan Times has some new information about the metal codices, particularly with regard to the seven books recently recovered by Jordanian police. Authorities are set to send the recently … Continue reading
Although the post is written from a LDS (Mormon) perspective, it is interesting nonetheless (and might well cheer up those severely disillusioned by the recent ‘fake’ Jordanian lead codices): Since the recent events surrounding the seeming forgery of the Jordan Lead Codices, I … Continue reading
Far from being a favourite scholar of mine, I have to say I’m rather pleasantly surprised by Prof Philip Davies’ observations: The following is a general introductory summary by Sheffield Prof. Emeritus Philip Davies on the now famous lead codices (some images … Continue reading
And still more mass reporting on the codice find:
The image is eerily familiar: a bearded young man with flowing curly hair. After lying for nearly 2,000 years hidden in a cave in the Holy Land, the fine detail is difficult to determine. But in a certain light it … Continue reading
Wikipedia already has a Jordan Lead Codices page: That’s quick!
Via Bibleplaces.com: My attempts to avoid this grand discovery have not gone well, to judge from the number of emails I have received suggesting that I must not have seen this story. It’s foolish to think that I can somehow … Continue reading
There are some more great photos of the ancient books coming from Jordan here as well as this short video: BACKGROUND: For more on the discovery (on this blog), go here, here and here.
I see that the BBC has today caught up with the story of the secret hoard of ancient sealed books that were found in Jordan. BACKGROUND: We covered the story here with a full press release here. Almost predictably, they’ve put a political … Continue reading