July 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- RT @SrHelenaBurns: My God's smaller than your God. http://t.co/BRsS5bbOps 5 hours ago
- RT @samcowen: The number to call when you see someone parking in a disabled who is NOT disabled. timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2014/… 9 hours ago
- RT @DavidRoads: You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you. -John Wooden 9 hours ago
- RT @ajtreu: Today I discovered the best website, ever! Here you can opt out of ALL direct marketing. nationaloptout.co.za Wow! 9 hours ago
- RT @DavidRoads: Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you. #greatreminder 12 hours ago
- RT @DavidRoads: For everything you have lost, you have gained something else. 14 hours ago
- RT @vicenews: The Islamic State released grisly footage of a mass execution yesterday: bit.ly/1KBg6t8 http://t.co/eIfoT1koi7 17 hours ago
- RT @Inspire_Us: Love fearlessly. 1 day ago
- Who is the new Greek finance minister? Euclid Tsakalotos In 60 seconds
- South Carolina votes to remove Confederate flag
- Prison inmate went on 'a crash diet' because he was too fat to fit through escape pipe
- Sex on the beach carries two and a half year prison sentence
- Pope draws half million to outdoor Mass in Ecuador
- Iraq launches assault on jihadi stronghold Fallujah
- Tunisia's beach shooter: the path from break dancing to terrorism
- Mother of British cycling champion found dead in Tuscan villa pool
- Chicago shootings leave 10 people dead
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Holy Week
The church is dark now. The altar is stripped and bare. Some are getting up and leaving in silence. Others remain kneeling, looking into the darkness. Holy Saturday is ahead, the most quiet day of the year. The silence of … Continue reading
In a Special Holy Saturday Podcast and Post over at The Sacred Page. On Holy Saturday we meditate on one of the most obscure lines in the Apostles’ Creed: “he descended into hell.” What does this part of the Creed refer … Continue reading
Jesus lay in the grave dead… The earth, still, awaits the Resurrection. Collect: Christ became obedient for us unto death, even to the death of the cross. Amen. Read more on Holy Saturday here.
The BBC has the pictures: Click here for the rest.
So often our challenges seem disproportionate and “unfair.” But what is asked of us in our trials is never more than what Christ and his mother endured. Read on here.
O my people, what have I done to thee? Or wherein have I afflicted thee? Answer me. Good Friday: … (from the senses pious, holy of the word “good”), is a religious holiday observed primarily by Christians commemorating the crucifixion of … Continue reading
Holy Thursday is also known as “Maundy Thursday.” The word maundy comes from the Latin word mandatum(commandment) which is the first word of the Gospel acclamation: Mandátum novum do vobis dicit Dóminus, ut diligátis ínvicem, sicut diléxi vos. “I give … Continue reading
Footwashing. Catholic Culture: As we enter into these three days, the one day, we make this mystery our own. No mere spectators in this Act of Love we become participants. We who bear the name “Christian” are to pick up … Continue reading
Msgr Charles Pope: In some ways its been a tough year for clergy on the blogs. A lot of what I consider to be bishop bashing has been going on, and lots of wrath and venom for the Catholic clergy … Continue reading