August 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- RT @lnspiredLife: Smiling doesn't necessarily mean you're happy. Sometimes it just means you're strong. 1 hour ago
- RT @Women_Sports: Respect all... Fear none. 2 hours ago
- RT @DavidRoads: When you do something out of love, you don't count the cost. 2 hours ago
- RT @Inspire_Us: Don't cheat the world of your contribution. Give it what you've got. -Steven Pressfield 1 day ago
- RT @Fit_Motivator: Great effort springs naturally from a great attitude. 1 day ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: Like a flood His mercy rains. 3 days ago
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Thank you Lord for unanswered prayers. http://t.co/3nrMCSpdoz 4 days ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: Thank you Lord for your peace. http://t.co/y7wMUgvmlj 5 days ago
- France's Front National 'waging culture war on artists'
- MH370: Malaysia calls for help in wreckage search near Reunion
- Ancient Transylvanian buildings 'brutally revamped' in mire of corruption at cost to EU taxpayers
- Teenage girl stabbed at Jerusalem Gay Pride march dies in hospital
- Mike Huckabee could use troops to stop abortion if elected president
- Putin promises protection for ancient Crimea ruins
- Kim Jong-un in pictures: The bizarre photoshoots of North Korea's leader
- Israel prison service 'building a VIP wing for ex-prime minister Ehud Olmert'
- Australia Speaker Bronwyn Bishop quits over expenses scandal
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Holy Week
The church is dark now. The altar is stripped and bare. Some are getting up and leaving in silence. Others remain kneeling, looking into the darkness. Holy Saturday is ahead, the most quiet day of the year. The silence of … Continue reading
In a Special Holy Saturday Podcast and Post over at The Sacred Page. On Holy Saturday we meditate on one of the most obscure lines in the Apostles’ Creed: “he descended into hell.” What does this part of the Creed refer … Continue reading
Jesus lay in the grave dead… The earth, still, awaits the Resurrection. Collect: Christ became obedient for us unto death, even to the death of the cross. Amen. Read more on Holy Saturday here.
The BBC has the pictures: Click here for the rest.
So often our challenges seem disproportionate and “unfair.” But what is asked of us in our trials is never more than what Christ and his mother endured. Read on here.
O my people, what have I done to thee? Or wherein have I afflicted thee? Answer me. Good Friday: … (from the senses pious, holy of the word “good”), is a religious holiday observed primarily by Christians commemorating the crucifixion of … Continue reading
Holy Thursday is also known as “Maundy Thursday.” The word maundy comes from the Latin word mandatum(commandment) which is the first word of the Gospel acclamation: Mandátum novum do vobis dicit Dóminus, ut diligátis ínvicem, sicut diléxi vos. “I give … Continue reading
Footwashing. Catholic Culture: As we enter into these three days, the one day, we make this mystery our own. No mere spectators in this Act of Love we become participants. We who bear the name “Christian” are to pick up … Continue reading
Msgr Charles Pope: In some ways its been a tough year for clergy on the blogs. A lot of what I consider to be bishop bashing has been going on, and lots of wrath and venom for the Catholic clergy … Continue reading