September 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- RT @MuscIeFitness: God has a bigger plan for me than I have for myself. 9 hours ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: When fear knocks on the door, answer with faith! 16 hours ago
- RT @daiIyscripture: http://t.co/JKmuggX1Rm 16 hours ago
- RT @MMotivate_: Sometimes we can't ask why. Sometimes we'll never know why. Sometimes we just need to move forward and stop regretting the … 17 hours ago
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Every setback is a setup for a comeback. God wants to bring you out better than you were before. 1 day ago
- RT @GetIifting: Turn intentions into actions. 1 day ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: Your actions speak so loud I can't hear your words! 1 day ago
- RT @DavidRoads: You can't make footprints on the sands of time by sitting on your butt... and who wants to make buttprints? 1 day ago
- British troops 'should be garrisoned in Eastern Europe to see off Russian threat'
- Fishermen catch two kittens
- New Zealand unveils shortlist of four for its new flag
- Irish nanny won't be prosecuted for US baby death
- Syria's Palmyra: UN satellite images confirm destruction of famed temple
- Christian film War Room shocks US box office
- Bartender finds $20 note then wins $1 million California lottery with it
- Python v king cobra: battle of the snakes - but who won?
- Tourists horrified by showers at Auschwitz entrance
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Homily
[This illustration I heard is a…] great story about the power of a good deed. There’s just one problem: Almost nothing about this story is true. It’s one of the most popular myths about Churchill, according Snopes.com and the Downers … Continue reading
Fr Donald Senior. Via Timothy:
So do the rest of us, no doubt. Most Americans still prefer a real-live preacher to a video sermon, according to a survey from Nashville-based LifeWay Research. About a third (35 percent) say they will only visit churches with a … Continue reading
A post I saw in the NCR: I have been thinking about the best preacher I ever heard. Not about the single best homily or sermon, but about the best and most consistent preaching I have encountered. When it comes … Continue reading
Propreacher has them. Dear Pastor, Your Christmas sermon is a big deal! The eternal destination of many who will sit in your Christmas service hang in the balance. Are you ready? Here are 20 questions that you should ask yourself before … Continue reading
Some thoughts worth reading on the use of iPads vs the physical Bible over at the Bible Design Blog.
Over at Canterbury Tales a day or two ago: Yesterday was the feast of Saint Peter Chrysologus (AD 380-450). The Greek nickname Χρυσολόγος means “golden-worded.” His nickname refers to the fact that he was the most celebrated preacher of his time. … Continue reading
Msgr Charles Pope writes: Some years ago I was stationed with a priest who, while he often liked my homilies, would often critique my use of what he called “fear based preaching.” Perhaps I had warned the congregation of punishment for … Continue reading