July 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- RT @ArmorOGod: Like a flood His mercy rains. 19 hours ago
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Thank you Lord for unanswered prayers. http://t.co/3nrMCSpdoz 1 day ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: Thank you Lord for your peace. http://t.co/y7wMUgvmlj 2 days ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: When doubts start to creep in, take a moment to pray. 2 days ago
- RT @Inspire_Us: Some days you just have to create your own sunshine. 3 days ago
- RT @Epic_Women: Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday. 3 days ago
- RT @DavidRoads: SMALL changes can make a BIG difference. 3 days ago
- RT @Digitalnun: Crumbs is all I can say to this. twitter.com/Klangable/stat… 4 days ago
- Israel passes law to force feed fasting prisoners
- MH370 search: plane debris 'will be shipped to Toulouse' - live
- Celebrity Sightings: Nicky Hilton, Iris Apfel and Uma Thurman
- Hackers turn 'Confederate Pride' Facebook page into pro-Obama LBGT group
- Volcanic island so new it doesn't have a name, in pictures
- Lion killer: demonstrators descend on US dentist's office
- The Palestinians injured in Israel's war on stone throwers
- Giant panda 'faked pregnancy' to get better treatment
- Air passenger suing for a back injury 'caused by sitting next to obese man'
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Manuscript
Pretoria News: Cairo – Volunteers in white laboratory coats, surgical gloves and masks stood on the back of a pickup truck on Monday along the banks of the Nile River in Cairo, rummaging through stacks of rare 200-year-old manuscripts that … Continue reading
But only for a few hours last night at the Israel National Library: Jerusalem – Precious Bible manuscripts originating in the Jewish community of Damascus, Syria, went on display for several hours Wednesday, offering a rare glimpse at a collection … Continue reading
A priceless 12-century manuscript, which contains Europe’s first travel guide, has been stolen from a safe in Spanish cathedral: A priceless 12th-century illustrated manuscript containing what has been described as Europe’s first travel guide has been stolen from the cathedral … Continue reading
Bible Places.com via the ever vigilant Joseph Lauer: This article in the Jordan Times has some new information about the metal codices, particularly with regard to the seven books recently recovered by Jordanian police. Authorities are set to send the recently … Continue reading
Far from being a favourite scholar of mine, I have to say I’m rather pleasantly surprised by Prof Philip Davies’ observations: The following is a general introductory summary by Sheffield Prof. Emeritus Philip Davies on the now famous lead codices (some images … Continue reading
And still more mass reporting on the codice find:
The image is eerily familiar: a bearded young man with flowing curly hair. After lying for nearly 2,000 years hidden in a cave in the Holy Land, the fine detail is difficult to determine. But in a certain light it … Continue reading
Wikipedia already has a Jordan Lead Codices page: That’s quick!
Via Bibleplaces.com: My attempts to avoid this grand discovery have not gone well, to judge from the number of emails I have received suggesting that I must not have seen this story. It’s foolish to think that I can somehow … Continue reading
There are some more great photos of the ancient books coming from Jordan here as well as this short video: BACKGROUND: For more on the discovery (on this blog), go here, here and here.