August 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- RT @Inspire_Us: Don't cheat the world of your contribution. Give it what you've got. -Steven Pressfield 1 day ago
- RT @Fit_Motivator: Great effort springs naturally from a great attitude. 1 day ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: Like a flood His mercy rains. 3 days ago
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Thank you Lord for unanswered prayers. http://t.co/3nrMCSpdoz 4 days ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: Thank you Lord for your peace. http://t.co/y7wMUgvmlj 4 days ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: When doubts start to creep in, take a moment to pray. 5 days ago
- RT @Inspire_Us: Some days you just have to create your own sunshine. 6 days ago
- RT @Epic_Women: Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday. 6 days ago
- CEO who set firm's minimum wage at $70,000 hits hard times
- Russia might ban gay emojis
- Snoop Dogg stopped by Italian customs carrying $420,000 in cash
- Street artists paint Mexican town colourful
- Joe Biden 'considering presidential run'
- 'This is a global migration crisis'
- Cecil the lion: Jericho 'alive' after reports of another shooting
- Cecil the Lion's brother Jericho killed by poachers
- Zimbabwe suspends hunting in area where Cecil the lion was killed
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Middle East
Barbarians at the gate: It may sound perverse, but perhaps we owe a small note of thanks to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the head of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). Like a bullet whistling overhead, the ruthless rise … Continue reading
And what of the many Christians in Lebanon? Lord have mercy! “If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small.” (Proverbs 24:10) Breaking Israel News: It appears that as one part of the Middle East quiets down, … Continue reading
It is one of those beautiful Sunday mornings England seems to do so well: sunlight streams across wet grass and the air is filled with the busy chatter of sparrows and the sweet, milky smell of the calves across the … Continue reading
Before 2003, there were over one million Christians in Iraq. Today, there are as few as 200,000. A shocking and unacceptable systematic purging of Christians! The Telegraph has the whole article.
There have been Christians in the Middle East since the time of, well, Christ. Now that two millennium-long history could be in danger… CNN has the rest here.
For 15 years Canon Andrew White has led Iraq’s only Anglican church, in an increasingly menacing period for Christians across the Middle East. Read on here.
On the Russian Orthodox Church website: His Beatitude Patriarch John X of Great Antioch and All the East sent a message to His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, in which he expressed his gratitude for the efforts … Continue reading
Damascus: What’s Left. Another heart-breaking look at the war in Syria.
Col Ralph Peters writes that the entire Arab world is in the process of reordering itself.