September 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- RT @LifeLimits: Speak up, don't hide your thoughts and feelings, especially when you can make a difference. 15 hours ago
- RT @DavidRoads: What we see depends mainly on what we look for. #perspective 19 hours ago
- RT @LovLikeJesus: In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, & do not give the devil a foothold. -Eph … 1 day ago
- RT @WCGovSafelyHome: Crackdown promised to reduce carnage on roads - Times LIVE timeslive.co.za/local/2015/08/… via @TimesLIVE 1 day ago
- RT @cnalive: At Mass, we can pray for dead that the merciful Face of God "free them of every remnant of fault & embrace them in the unendin… 1 day ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: People should always pray and not give up - Luke 18:1 1 day ago
- RT @WomanDoItAll: A goal without a plan is just a wish. 1 day ago
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Sometimes, I just sit back and realize how blessed I am. God is great. I have amazing people in my life. I shouldn't c… 1 day ago
- Russian troops 'fighting alongside Assad's army against Syrian rebels'
- Chinese naval ships spotted near Alaska during Obama visit
- Police officers accused in death of Freddie Gray, which sparked Baltimore riots, appear in court
- Refugee crisis: plight of migrant children stirs Europe's conscience
- America and Russia locked in race to control the Arctic Circle
- Donald Trump slams Jeb Bush for campaigning in Spanish
- Syria car bomb kills 10 in Bashar al-Assad's stronghold
- Turkey moves British journalists to high security prison
- Millions strike in India to protest against Modi's labour reforms
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Middle East
Barbarians at the gate: It may sound perverse, but perhaps we owe a small note of thanks to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the head of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). Like a bullet whistling overhead, the ruthless rise … Continue reading
And what of the many Christians in Lebanon? Lord have mercy! “If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small.” (Proverbs 24:10) Breaking Israel News: It appears that as one part of the Middle East quiets down, … Continue reading
It is one of those beautiful Sunday mornings England seems to do so well: sunlight streams across wet grass and the air is filled with the busy chatter of sparrows and the sweet, milky smell of the calves across the … Continue reading
Before 2003, there were over one million Christians in Iraq. Today, there are as few as 200,000. A shocking and unacceptable systematic purging of Christians! The Telegraph has the whole article.
There have been Christians in the Middle East since the time of, well, Christ. Now that two millennium-long history could be in danger… CNN has the rest here.
For 15 years Canon Andrew White has led Iraq’s only Anglican church, in an increasingly menacing period for Christians across the Middle East. Read on here.
On the Russian Orthodox Church website: His Beatitude Patriarch John X of Great Antioch and All the East sent a message to His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, in which he expressed his gratitude for the efforts … Continue reading
Damascus: What’s Left. Another heart-breaking look at the war in Syria.
Col Ralph Peters writes that the entire Arab world is in the process of reordering itself.