September 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- RT @MMotivate_: Happiness comes when we stop complaining about the troubles we have and offer thanks for all the troubles we don’t have. 24 minutes ago
- RT @JamesMartinSJ: This photo must be seen. We cannot turn away from these grievous affronts to human dignity. americamagazine.org/content/dispat… http… 20 hours ago
- RT @News24: Shocking photo of drowned refugee boy: 4 held n24.cm/1PNwlC6 20 hours ago
- RT @UNICEF: We’re devastated by tragic image of drowned Syrian boy. Refugee & migrant children need urgent protection. #refugeecrisis #chil… 20 hours ago
- RT @DavidRoads: If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. -Dr. Maya Angelou 1 day ago
- RT @FamousWomen: Don't let a hard lesson harden your heart. 1 day ago
- RT @LifeLimits: Speak up, don't hide your thoughts and feelings, especially when you can make a difference. 2 days ago
- RT @DavidRoads: What we see depends mainly on what we look for. #perspective 2 days ago
- Polish soldiers seal off 'Nazi gold train' location as finders reveal their 'clear evidence'
- Isil jihadists blow up tower tombs at Syria's Palmyra
- Migrant crisis: Britain will take 4,000 Syrian refugees from Middle East camps, says UN - live
- Japan has invented a 'Google Maps'-style street view for cats
- The power of photography: Images that changed world opinions
- Aylan Kurdi buried alongside brother and mother in Syria
- Improved security at Calais Eurostar station as police fear migrants will continue going onto tracks
- Remember Ebola? That's one problem we no longer have to worry about.
- Mapped: Where do migrants apply for asylum in Europe?
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Palm Sunday
Jesus proceeded on his journey up to Jerusalem. As he drew near to Bethphage and Bethany at the place called the Mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples. He said, “Go into the village opposite you, and as … Continue reading
Via The Huffington Post: Jerusalem – Hundreds of Christian pilgrims marked Palm Sunday in the Holy Land on Sunday, holding masses and processions retracing Jesus’ triumphant return to Jerusalem. Palm Sunday marks the day Jesus rode into Jerusalem, where he … Continue reading
Jesus Comes to Jerusalem as King 1 As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples, 2 saying to them, “Go to the village ahead of you, and … Continue reading
Helpful, from The New Theological Movement: As the Church prepares to enter into Holy Week, we do well to consider the final week of Jesus’ life, from Friday to Friday. In a later post, we will look at the last twenty-four … Continue reading
The holiest period on the Christian calendar has begun with holiday celebrations in Jerusalem. Bells summoned the Christian faithful to Palm Sunday prayers at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem’s Old City, the traditional site of Jesus’ crucifixion … Continue reading
For having a Christian symbol on his van’s dashboard: An electrician faces the sack for displaying a small palm cross on the dashboard of his company van. Former soldier Colin Atkinson has been summoned to a disciplinary hearing by … Continue reading
Here is a nice little Palm Sunday video:
Or how Jesus saves both Gentiles and Jews. On the Gospel for the Palm Sunday Procession: Some modern so-called biblical “scholars” have noted that, while St. Matthew speaks of both an ass and a colt (that is, both the adult … Continue reading
FIRST READING: Is 50:4-7 PSALM: Ps 22:8-9, 17-18, 19-20, 23-24 SECOND READING: Phil 2:6-11 GOSPEL: Mt 26:14—27:66 or 27:11-54