September 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- RT @DavidRoads: If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. -Dr. Maya Angelou 4 hours ago
- RT @FamousWomen: Don't let a hard lesson harden your heart. 9 hours ago
- RT @LifeLimits: Speak up, don't hide your thoughts and feelings, especially when you can make a difference. 1 day ago
- RT @DavidRoads: What we see depends mainly on what we look for. #perspective 1 day ago
- RT @LovLikeJesus: In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, & do not give the devil a foothold. -Eph … 1 day ago
- RT @WCGovSafelyHome: Crackdown promised to reduce carnage on roads - Times LIVE timeslive.co.za/local/2015/08/… via @TimesLIVE 2 days ago
- RT @cnalive: At Mass, we can pray for dead that the merciful Face of God "free them of every remnant of fault & embrace them in the unendin… 2 days ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: People should always pray and not give up - Luke 18:1 2 days ago
- EU migration crisis: Hungary refugees trying to reach Austria refuse to be taken to camp and forced off train - latest
- Child abuse 'ignored' at Australian school praised by Prince Charles
- 1,500 tractors flood Paris streets in farming protest
- 7 things you can do to help refugees like Aylan Kurdi
- Record breaking Chris the sheep gets shorn
- Record breaking Chris the sheep get shorn
- Two Vice News reporters 'released in south-east Turkey'
- Agatha Christie's hotel in Syria 'used as military barracks by Assad regime'
- How ordinary people across Europe are helping the migrants
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Peace
Due to ebola: Nigeria Catholic churches in Lagos have suspended the ‘sign of peace’ where the congregations shake hands during mass. While some Anglican churches have suspended handshakes during communion due to the spread of Ebola. The Archbishop of Lagos … Continue reading
In an effort to insure a more sober ritual, the Vatican has urged bishops to clamp down on singing, moving around and other casual expressions of affection when the sign of peace is exchanged during Mass. The Congregation for Divine … Continue reading
In light of the collapsed truce in Gaza, and Hamas’ kidnapping of an IDF soldier, Rabbi Eckstein recalls Psalm 120 when he looks at the reality of an enemy committed to war, even while Israel longs and prays for peace: … Continue reading
. Israeli President Shimon Peres and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas will join Pope Francis for an afternoon of prayer at the Vatican on June 8, the Vatican said Thursday. In a brief statement, the Vatican said both sides accepted the … Continue reading
Viciously by a gull and a crow. This must be some sort of a sign. The two doves were set upon straight after being released by children standing next to Pope Francis at the Vatican. Two white doves released by children … Continue reading
Abbas: Will Not Recognize Israel as Jewish State; Palestine Capital Must Be E. Jerusalem for Peace: Mahmoud Abbas said in a speech to supporters this past weekend that he will not recognize Israel as a Jewish state and he will … Continue reading
A Prayer for the People of Syria Almighty eternal God, source of all compassion, the promise of your mercy and saving help fills our hearts with hope. Hear the cries of the people of Syria; bring healing to those suffering … Continue reading
Pope Francis: Brothers and sisters, I have decided to proclaim for the whole Church on 7 September next, the vigil of the birth of Mary, Queen of Peace, a day of fasting and prayer for peace in Syria, the Middle … Continue reading
As Israeli and Palestinian negotiators prepare for preliminary talks in Washington on Monday (July 29), the future of Jerusalem — holy to three faiths — looms as the thorniest and most difficult issue to resolve. Rest here.