Church

Church Desecration: Tabernacle Broken Into and Hosts Smeared with Excrement

What depravity!

The scene of the crime was the Holy Cross Church of San Giorgio su Legnano, in Lombardy. Unknown vandals broke the tabernacle and threw the consecrated Hosts on the floor and smeared it with human excrement, with which they also defiled the altar.

The statue of Our Lady of Sorrows they blackened with the soot of candles and hot wax was poured over her head. The face of suffering Jesus and the large cross was blackened, which is venerated in the church, and gave it its name. The perpetrators stuffed wax in the mouth, ears and eyes of Jesus Christ.

Pastor Luciano Premoli called the parish to atonement and prayer. “We have been faced with such a serious, indeed, unimaginable desecration of the Holy Eucharist,” said the pastor. Because of the desecration, the church remains closed for the time being. Many believers have expressed their outrage, sadness and affection for Christ and His mother by candles and flowers in front of the church door. The mayor and the local government have offered a bouquet as a sign of solidarity. “To the perpetrators, I can only say: shame on you,” said the mayor.

On Sunday, the Rosary is prayed and the desecrated crucifix will lead the procession. Then the Episcopal Vicar Monsignor Gian Paolo Citterio will say the purification ritual for the desecrated church.

The Holy Cross Church of San Giorgio su Legnano was consecrated in 1393 by the then Archbishop of Milan, Antonio de Saluzzo (1376-1401). In 1703 it was rebuilt in the Baroque style in its current form. The church belongs to the Archdiocese of Milan, and thus uses the Ambrosian rite of the Roman Catholic Church.

Police are investigating. The investigators do not want to offer an opinion as to whether or not they are Satanists or not.

 

Church

AussieMite – Sacrilegious Indeed

The controversial online ad showing a sacramental wafer being dipped into a jar of yeast spread during a Catholic mass has been withdrawn days after its release.

Herald Sun:

The ad was produced to promote the AussieMite spread and had caused widespread anger among Catholics.

At the time, its creator, Mick Hunter from Sydney agency Grown-Ups, said the ad was “probably a bit sacrilegious” and made in the hope of going “a bit viral”.

But in a statement released through its Facebook page, AussieMite said it never intended to cause offence.

“We sincerely apologise for any offence caused. It was never the intention to do so, but we recognise that for some it did.

“We have listened to your comments and removed any and all instances of the campaign from our social media channels. Furthermore, we have requested for the ad to be removed from all other channels.

“We are a small family-owned company looking to establish ourselves and a product we believe in and love.

“We sincerely hope that this will not dissuade you from buying AussieMite in the future.”

AussieMite founder Roger Ramsey said he had been shocked by the reaction.

He said a death threat had been left on the company’s telephone message bank but he had not taken it seriously.

“I didn’t think there would be such an emotional reaction,” he said. “It was only intended to be tongue in cheek and a bit of fun.

“Our intentions have always been to do good not create division. Our values our concerned with the health and well-being of the consumer.

“Time heals all wounds. The positive thing is that by and large the vast majority of the Catholic and other Christian communities have embraced the apology and are prepared to move on.”

 

 

Church

Riot Police Break Up Mass and Stomp on Eucharist

Knock the Priest down and stomp on the Eucharist:

Cheju diocese has demanded an official apology after about 20 riot police disrupted a Mass yesterday on Jeju island. The police were clearing a path for a cement truck to enter the construction site of a controversial new naval base.

Father Bartholomew Mun Jung-hyun, who was presiding over the Mass at the gates of the site, was knocked to the ground while administering communion. It is claimed that a policeman also trod on the Eucharist.

Father John Ko Buyeong-soo, president of Cheju diocese’s Committee for Justice and Peace, visited the site shortly after the disturbance.

He told ucanews.com that he would demand an explanation and an apology from police.

“To step on or damage the Eucharist is an insult to Catholics,” he said.

The Jeju Provincial Police Agency yesterday issued a press statement in which it denied any wrongdoing.

“There was no violent force throwing Fr Mun to the ground or stepping on the Eucharist,” the statement said.

Woo Jeong-sik, chief inspector of Jeju police, later said it remained unclear whether Fr Mun was knocked down and added: “the policeman who allegedly stepped on the Eucharist said he did not do so.”

More here.

HTThe Deacon’s Bench

 

Culture

Polish Singer Acquitted Over Bible-ripping

Ynet news:

A Polish court has found a singer in a heavy metal band, who tore up the Bible during a performance, not guilty of offending religious sentiments.

The judge ruled last week that the ripping of the holy book by Behemoth frontman Adam Darski could be defined as “artistic expression” consistent with his band’s style.

Darski, who uses the stage name Nergal as the Babylonian god mentioned in the Book of Kings, is a famous figure in his homeland. He ripped the Bible during a concert in northern Poland in 2007 and called on the audience to burn the pages.

He was already acquitted last year, but the prosecutors appealed the verdict.

What a wicked distorted individual.

There’s a video of him performing his evil deed here.