July 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- RT @ArmorOGod: Like a flood His mercy rains. 1 day ago
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Thank you Lord for unanswered prayers. http://t.co/3nrMCSpdoz 2 days ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: Thank you Lord for your peace. http://t.co/y7wMUgvmlj 2 days ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: When doubts start to creep in, take a moment to pray. 3 days ago
- RT @Inspire_Us: Some days you just have to create your own sunshine. 4 days ago
- RT @Epic_Women: Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday. 4 days ago
- RT @DavidRoads: SMALL changes can make a BIG difference. 4 days ago
- RT @Digitalnun: Crumbs is all I can say to this. twitter.com/Klangable/stat… 4 days ago
- MH370 search: Malaysian experts on way to island to study plane debris - live
- Army ready to act over Calais crisis
- Cecil the lion: US Fish and Wildlife service appeal to Walter Palmer to make contact
- Nuns lose court bid to block convent sale to Katy Perry
- Cecil hunter Walter Palmer 'wanted to kill an elephant after killing the lion'
- German firefighter started 31 blazes 'so he could look like a saviour'
- MH370: Six reasons why Reunion debris could be missing airliner
- MH370 search: Malaysia says 'almost certain' debris discovered from Boeing 777
- Three Chechen women 'conned Islamic State fighters out of thousands of pounds'
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Sermon
[This illustration I heard is a…] great story about the power of a good deed. There’s just one problem: Almost nothing about this story is true. It’s one of the most popular myths about Churchill, according Snopes.com and the Downers … Continue reading
So do the rest of us, no doubt. Most Americans still prefer a real-live preacher to a video sermon, according to a survey from Nashville-based LifeWay Research. About a third (35 percent) say they will only visit churches with a … Continue reading
A post I saw in the NCR: I have been thinking about the best preacher I ever heard. Not about the single best homily or sermon, but about the best and most consistent preaching I have encountered. When it comes … Continue reading
Over at Canterbury Tales a day or two ago: Yesterday was the feast of Saint Peter Chrysologus (AD 380-450). The Greek nickname Χρυσολόγος means “golden-worded.” His nickname refers to the fact that he was the most celebrated preacher of his time. … Continue reading
Msgr Charles Pope writes: Some years ago I was stationed with a priest who, while he often liked my homilies, would often critique my use of what he called “fear based preaching.” Perhaps I had warned the congregation of punishment for … Continue reading
Dear Father X, Every Sunday, as we walk out the door, we shake your hand and say, “Good sermon, Father.” We’re not lying. We’re usually fairly satisfied with what you have to say, but no one is perfect. Even Kobe … Continue reading
Zenit: The very great interest aroused by the Pope’s brief homilies in the course of the Masses celebrated every morning in the chapel of the Casa Santa Marta, poses and continues to pose often the question from different parts on … Continue reading