September 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- RT @WomanDoItAll: A goal without a plan is just a wish. 2 hours ago
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Sometimes, I just sit back and realize how blessed I am. God is great. I have amazing people in my life. I shouldn't c… 2 hours ago
- RT @DavidRoads: What you will allow is what will continue. 2 hours ago
- RT @MuscIeFitness: God has a bigger plan for me than I have for myself. 11 hours ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: When fear knocks on the door, answer with faith! 18 hours ago
- RT @daiIyscripture: http://t.co/JKmuggX1Rm 18 hours ago
- RT @MMotivate_: Sometimes we can't ask why. Sometimes we'll never know why. Sometimes we just need to move forward and stop regretting the … 19 hours ago
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Every setback is a setup for a comeback. God wants to bring you out better than you were before. 1 day ago
- Australian and Thai journalists cleared of defaming Thai navy
- Close aide warned Hillary Clinton that David Cameron would be "no partner" to US
- Chief suspect in Bangkok shrine bombing 'hiding in Cambodia', according to media report
- Thousands more Hillary Clinton emails released
- British troops 'should be garrisoned in Eastern Europe to see off Russian threat'
- Fishermen catch two kittens
- New Zealand unveils shortlist of four for its new flag
- Irish nanny won't be prosecuted for US baby death
- Syria's Palmyra: UN satellite images confirm destruction of famed temple
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Textual
Via First Things: The rumor is that Harvard Theological Review is now declining to publish Karen King’s paper (available here as a draft pdf) on the Coptic fragment she calls the “Gospel of Jesus’ Wife.” It’s a rumor that appears … Continue reading
How to repair a Byzantine Manuscript: HT: Byzantine News
[Background here.] This manuscript is supposedly from St Mark’s Gospel – 5:15-18. The photo, which is doing the blog rounds, is posted and discussed here. HT
Near Emmaus: According to Daniel B. Wallace the earliest manuscript of the Gospel of Mark has been discovered (see “Ehrman vs. Wallace: Round Three”). He writes the following in reference to a recent debate he had with Bart D. Ehrman: … Continue reading
Here is a great video that aims to explain why it is that the Jordan Lead Codices are to be considered fake: For a background to these Codices, which came to light this year, click here, here, or here.
Bible Places.com via the ever vigilant Joseph Lauer: This article in the Jordan Times has some new information about the metal codices, particularly with regard to the seven books recently recovered by Jordanian police. Authorities are set to send the recently … Continue reading
Could these be the actual words of Jesus’ crucifixion charge sheet in the Munich Talmud?
Far from being a favourite scholar of mine, I have to say I’m rather pleasantly surprised by Prof Philip Davies’ observations: The following is a general introductory summary by Sheffield Prof. Emeritus Philip Davies on the now famous lead codices (some images … Continue reading
And still more mass reporting on the codice find: