August 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- RT @SAfmnews: President Jacob Zuma condemns the killing of police officers. He says law enforcement officers should defend themselves again… 23 hours ago
- RT @lnspiredLife: Smiling doesn't necessarily mean you're happy. Sometimes it just means you're strong. 1 day ago
- RT @Women_Sports: Respect all... Fear none. 1 day ago
- RT @DavidRoads: When you do something out of love, you don't count the cost. 1 day ago
- RT @Inspire_Us: Don't cheat the world of your contribution. Give it what you've got. -Steven Pressfield 2 days ago
- RT @Fit_Motivator: Great effort springs naturally from a great attitude. 2 days ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: Like a flood His mercy rains. 5 days ago
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Thank you Lord for unanswered prayers. http://t.co/3nrMCSpdoz 5 days ago
- 1 in 6 killings in Rio de Janeiro are by on-duty police
- Buzz Aldrin's $33.31 in expenses for 'business trip' to Moon published
- British woman murdered in Bulgaria just months after moving there
- Up to 20 injured after cranes fall on houses in Netherlands
- US jets extend their mission to defend favoured rebels against Assad in Syria
- National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest winners, in pictures
- Gwyneth Paltrow: I did not write the words 'conscious uncoupling'
- Italy arrests 11 mafia suspects who 'communicated in sheep code'
- Former German extremist who vows to reveal inner workings of Isil goes on trial
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Textual
Via First Things: The rumor is that Harvard Theological Review is now declining to publish Karen King’s paper (available here as a draft pdf) on the Coptic fragment she calls the “Gospel of Jesus’ Wife.” It’s a rumor that appears … Continue reading
How to repair a Byzantine Manuscript: HT: Byzantine News
[Background here.] This manuscript is supposedly from St Mark’s Gospel – 5:15-18. The photo, which is doing the blog rounds, is posted and discussed here. HT
Near Emmaus: According to Daniel B. Wallace the earliest manuscript of the Gospel of Mark has been discovered (see “Ehrman vs. Wallace: Round Three”). He writes the following in reference to a recent debate he had with Bart D. Ehrman: … Continue reading
Here is a great video that aims to explain why it is that the Jordan Lead Codices are to be considered fake: For a background to these Codices, which came to light this year, click here, here, or here.
Bible Places.com via the ever vigilant Joseph Lauer: This article in the Jordan Times has some new information about the metal codices, particularly with regard to the seven books recently recovered by Jordanian police. Authorities are set to send the recently … Continue reading
Could these be the actual words of Jesus’ crucifixion charge sheet in the Munich Talmud?
Far from being a favourite scholar of mine, I have to say I’m rather pleasantly surprised by Prof Philip Davies’ observations: The following is a general introductory summary by Sheffield Prof. Emeritus Philip Davies on the now famous lead codices (some images … Continue reading
And still more mass reporting on the codice find: