August 2015 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- RT @DavidRoads: You can't make footprints on the sands of time by sitting on your butt... and who wants to make buttprints? 9 hours ago
- RT @MuscIeFitness: Only those who risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S. Eliot 21 hours ago
- RT @DavidRoads: If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it. - Jonathan Winters 1 day ago
- RT @FearAverage: There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs. 1 day ago
- RT @Scripture_Truth: Little trials without God will break you. Big trials with God will make you. May you always find strength in God's lov… 1 day ago
- RT @DavidRoads: Pray, forgive yourself, appreciate others, listen to your gut, do things you enjoy, & remind yourself that we are all loved… 1 day ago
- RT @ArmorOGod: Prayer is the most important conversation of the day. 1 day ago
- RT @RorateCaeli: "There's No Such Thing as Moderate Islam": An Iraqi Priest Describes the Christian Genocide bit.ly/1VdZZEl 2 days ago
- French restaurateurs urge ban on 'Uber-style' meal-sharing websites
- Dozens of women killed in crash en route to King of Swaziland's dancing virgin festival
- Teenage migrant killed in 'shootout' between smugglers and border police off Turkish coast
- Thai police charge man 'linked to Bangkok shrine blast'
- Hundreds of pugs descend on Berlin for the international pug dog meeting
- Malaysia warns protesters as rally against scandal-hit PM enters second day
- Thousands of fish wash ashore at Rio de Jeneiro's Olympic park
- Migrant children found close to death in truck in Austria
- Three people killed in Lisbon shooting
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Unrest
…. Meanwhile, in Toxteth, a Catholic priest has been arrested for giving directions to looting youths telling them that, “there is a massive range of hi-tech goods and trainers a mile down the road at the local abortion clinic, now … Continue reading
Awful, more like it! Fifty of the most powerful images of the riots in London and the UK. Rest here.
In via Reuters this AM: (Reuters) – Rioters throwing petrol bombs battled police in north London overnight, setting patrol cars, buildings and a double-decker bus on fire in some of the worst disorder seen in the British capital in recent years. … Continue reading
An animator uses the mobile game Angry Birds to tell the story of the recent developments in Northern Africa:
And so the protests in the Arab world spread: On Tuesday, the Iranian people protested against their government, demanding the release of Mirhossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karoubi, who have been jailed for their opposition to the regime. Iranian Security Forces responded by firing tear … Continue reading
Talk about living in denial: Muammar Gaddafi blamed a revolt against his rule on al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden on Thursday, and said the protesters were fueled by milk and Nescafe spiked with hallucinogenic drugs, in a rambling appeal … Continue reading
With protests in several Middle East countries, there are also now fears for Algeria, Yemen and Syria. The Telegraph has the details.
CNA reports: Cairo, Egypt – As clashes between anti-government protesters and Egyptian police intensified on Jan. 28, some Coptic Orthodox Christians disregarded their church’s call for peaceful non-involvement – in hopes that the possible abdication of President Hosni Mubarak could advance … Continue reading
In this rather dramatic video showing thousands of protesters clashing with Egypt security forces in Cairo:
The Telegraph reports: Organisations that track global internet access detected a collapse in traffic in to and out of Egypt at around 10.30GMT on Thursday night. The shut down involved the withdrawal of more than 3,500 Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) routes … Continue reading